Alexander "The Great" ceremony sword black/gold finish
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
Made from the finest Spanish Toledo steel.
- Total length approx. 928 mm
- Blade length approx. 723 mm
- Length of the guard approx. 227 mm
- Width of the blade at parry approx. 54.01 mm
- Width of the blade at the widest point approx. 77.91 mm
- Thickness of the blade approx. 5.87 mm
- Weight approx. 2670 g
- Blade made of 440 stainless steel quenched and tempered to 47-51 HRC
- Point of Balance (PoB), center of gravity off the hilt: 37.5 cm
All dimensions are approximate and may vary slightly from piece to piece.
Top branded quality, made by Art Gladius®. Made in Toledo (Spain), in the city with centuries-long traditional of blacksmithing, sword-making and other ancient crafts.
ALEXANDRE THE GREAT (356- 323 B.C.)
As the sun set on June 13th 323 BC a heroic figure who ruled the known world died in Babilonia, aged 33. This man some say he was a God- was Alexander the Great His vast empire from Egypt to India covered area approx. 5000 km long and he spent his life fighting great battles to unite his kingdom.
Art- Gladius seek to honour this great commander by recreating his majestic sword. Based on historical research and data compiled over the past eight centuries, this sword reflects the Greek Persian influence with a stylized double edged blade and richly decorated golden hilt featuring some of his famous victories a magnificent collectors piece from Art- Gladius.