Sword Tizona El Cid with optional sheath
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
- Blade made of 440 stainless steel quenched and tempered to 47-51 HRC
- Total length approx. 1028 mm
- Blade length approx. 824 mm
- Cross section of the blade at the guard approx. 38 x 3,4 mm
- Blunt cutting edge - approx. 1.1 mm thick
- Length of the cross-guard approx. 190 mm
- Weight of the sword about 1149 g
- Sheath weight approx. 375 g
All dimensions are approximate and may vary slightly from piece to piece.
Top branded quality, made by Art Gladius®. Made in Toledo (Spain), in the city with centuries-long traditional of blacksmithing, sword-making and other ancient crafts.
THE SWORD OF EL CID
During the alter half of the 11th century the kingdoms of Galicia, Leon and Castilla (now modern- day Spain) were plunged into Civil War.
From this strife emerged a great and honourable warrior RODRIGO DIAZ DE VIVAR Known throughout the world as El Cid.
As his reputation grew his story was retold many times by writers and poets of the day and his name carried the final battle to victory even after his own death.
Art Gladius, after several years of painstaking historical research, are proud to produce the great TIZONA The Sword of El Cid Campeador.
Included in these categories: Famous Swords of Military Leaders and Freemasons