This Gladius was a suitable weapon for close infantry combats in tight formations. Its short length provided the legionnaires an important advantage despite the narrow blade in the frays on the battle fields. They could use the sword (especially for stinging) yet without dropping their armors and guards even in the densest fight throngs. More information...
These variants are in stock
Gladius Sisak, type Mainz
The scabbard that can be ordered with the Gladius Sisak looks exactly like the wooden scabbard from the Gladius Horatius. If you want a different model, note that please into the comment of your order and possibly mail us an image of the desired sheath. We will make you an offer after consultation with the production.
- Weight approx. 776g (dull blade)
- The Point of Balance (POB) is approx. 8cm away from the handle
- Total length approx. 73cm
- Blade length approx. 51.5cm
- Blade width: 50mm at the handle and about 17cm from the blade tip
- Blade made from oil-quenched spring steel
- Handle made from hard ash wood
- Handle from hard wood
- Blade of spring steel W.Nr. 1.7102 (DIN 54SiCr6) quenched to a hardness of approx. 53 HRC
Made in the Czech Republic.
Please read our: Directions for the use of bladed weapons.