The handforged blade with fuller (Bo-Hi) is made of 1095 carbon steel (which is not stainless). Made in Honsanmei-Style, traditionally hardenend through clay-coating. With real Hamon-line. 60 HRC at the scabbard, 40 HRC at the back. The blade collar (Habaki) is brass and the casted tsuba shows a samurai-image.
Grip-wrap is Katate Maki-Style (War-wrap) made of black cotton, under which real blackened ray skin is underlayed. Two dowels (Mekugi) fix the blade in the grip. The Katana comes with a wooden box and a stand More information...
Notify me when the item is in stock.
We will inform you as soon as we stock up.
John Lee Katsumoto Katana
Specifications of the Katana:
- Blade length to Tsuba: 77cm
- Overall length without scabbard: 109, 5cm
- Blade curve (Sori): 2.7cm
- Back strength: 7.5mm
- Max blade width: approx. 3cm
- Weight without scabbard: 1220 g
- Weight with scabbard: 1550 g
- Klingenlänge bis Tsuba: 77cm
- Overall length: 109,5cm
- Length incl. scabbard: 113cm
- Grip length: 32cm
- Blade incurvation (Sori): 2,7cm
- Point of balance: approx. 13cm over Tsuba
- Blade thicknes over Habaki: 3cm
- Blade width at the transition to the blade point (Kisaki): 2cm
- Blade thickness: 7,5mm
- Weight incl. the scabbard: 1550 gr / without the scabbard: 1220gr