This is an adjustable munition armour, made exactly after the original used in the 17th century. All men from M to XXL size should be able to wear it. More information...
Pikemen breastplate with back plate
- Made by Marshal Historical
- made of 1,2mm thick iron plate
The delivery includes the following parts:
- front plate of the breastplate
- back plate
- tassets (thigh plates)
- leather belt
Measurements of the breastplate
- 52cm (20,5") – approx. total length of the breastplate from the shoulder to the lower edge (without tassets)
- 44.5cm (20,5") – approx. length from the center of neckline to the lower edge (without tassets)
- 105cm (41,3") – approx. max. waist girth
- tassets approx. 29cm (11,4") long and 40cm (15,7") wide
The pikemen represented in 15. – 17. century heavy infantry troops in large parts of Europe. The got their name after their main weapon, the pike (spear). The name was at the beginning of the 16th Century from the French word pique borrowed ("sting") which is derived from the verb piquer.