This Swept-Hilt Rapier made by Hanwei features classical lines, with a high carbon steel flex-tempered blade, a stainless steel hilt (for reduced maintenance) with blade catcher-quillons and a twisted-wire grip. The hilt is of the same size as the 17th century German piece on which it is based, providing an authentic feel in the user's hand, and the weight and balance also match the original.More information
Solingen Rapier by Paul Chen
The blade is interchangeable with the Hanwei Practical blade (Product No. OH2255) which is designed for safety in rapier sparring. A matching Main Gauche (Product No. SH2208) is available as well and may also be equipped with a sparring blade.
Made by Hanwei.
- Blade material: high carbon steel, flex-tempered
- Overall length: approx. 114.9 cm
- Blade length: approx. 93 cm
- Weight: approx. 1049 g
- Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm off the guard
- Point of harmonics: approx. 71.1 cm
- Blade width at guard: approx. 1.9 cm
- Blade width at tip: approx. 1 cm
- Blade thickness at guard: approx. 6.4 mm
- Blade thickness at tip: approx. 2.5 mm
- Delivery including sharp blade and leather scabbard
- An antiqued version of this rapier is also available.
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.
Included in these categories: Rapiers with swept guards