The falchion is a single-edge sword which was mainly used by foot soldiers from the high and late Middle Ages up to the Renaissance. With this product the Ulfberth forge offers a blunt practical replica of a late-medieval Falchion which is suitable for re-enactment and featuring a very good price performance ratio. The hand-forged spring-steel balde is oilhardened and well tempered to a Rockwell hardness of approx. 48-50 HRC. It's forged up to the tang and peened with the pommel. The wooden grip is wrapped with leather-lace. The Guard is forged from mild-steel. The blade has got a distinctive fuller which offers both flexibility and a lesser weight. The edges are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety. More information...
Notify me when the item is in stock.
We will inform you as soon as we stock up.
Falchion with leather scabbard, practical blunt, Class C
Each of our Flachions is intricately crafted by hand. The sword comes with a matching leather scabbard.
Sword class B, NO WARRANTY!
- Blade material: Spring-steel EN45, tempered
- Rockwell hardness of blade: approx. 48-50 HRC
- Overall length: approx. 83cm
- Blade length: approx. 64.5cm
- Blade Width at Guard: approx. 4.2cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 4mm
- Edge of the blade: 2mm, lightly rounded
- Point of balance: approx. 10cm from guard.
- Including matching leather scabbard
- Weight: approx. 1150 g
This is a premium-quality sword, made by ULFBERTH®