English Falchion 15th century
Its single-edged blade has a straight back and becomes broader toward the point. The fuller is offset toward the back and runs almost the entire length of the blade to make it lighter and easier to manage. Thanks to its beautiful wooden grip and fluted, pear-shaped pommel, this falchion has a very comfortable grasp. The slightly curved cross-guard has angled ends that echo the point of the blade for a harmonious look. This falchion comes with a scabbard made of genuine leather featuring a mount and chape.
- Overall length approx. 722 mm
- Blade length approx. 556 mm
- The cross-guard is approx. 161 mm long
- Blade width at the cross-guard approx. 39 mm
- Blade thickness at the cross-guard approx. 4,8 mm
- Blade width 85 mm off the blade point approx. 44,2 mm
- Blade thickness 85 mm off the blade point approx. 4,5 mm
- Distance between the cross guard and the pommel (handle length) is approx. 100 mm
- The pommel is approx. 53 mm long and has a diameter of approx. 44 mm
- POB approx. 87 mm
- Blade made of High Carbon Steel 1065
- Steel hardness 48-52 HRC
- The blade is not sharpened but is blunt neither, the striking edge thickness is about 0,5 mm
- Weight of the sword without scabbard approx. 1056 g
- Weight of the scabbard approx. 234 g
Even if this is a fully functional sword, it cannot be used in combat shows, historical reenactment or similar for safety reasons!
Specs can vary slightly from falchion to falchion.
Premium Quality, made by Windlass Steelcrafts®
Included in these categories: Falchions