- Overall length approx. 170cm
- Blade length approx. 75cm
As this is a handmade product, there may be differences from the photos shown.
If you order the Glavius without a wooden pole, you can attach it to your own wooden handle/pole using the following instructions:
- The shaft/pole should be made of dry, tough wood (e.g. ash, maple, oak, beech)
- Plane or turn and file the top to the inside diameter and depth of the metal socket (tube)
- But don't file too much, there shouldn't be a gap between the pole and the metal tube, similar to a hammer handle.
- File the last 5-10mm of the wooden pole a little more to make the end a little narrower
- Ram the wooden pole into the metal tube with some force
- Drill the wooden pole through the pre-drilled holes in the metal tube. Drill from both sides to about ½ depth, otherwise you don't have to hit the opposite hole with the drill.
- Put the rivets through the drilled holes and hammer their ends flat on one side.
- Your Glavius is now ready :)
Please note: Originals of polearms often reached lengths of more than two meters (79 inches). This is more than the transport restriction allows. If you order this weapon replica with a wooden pole, it will be delivered in parts with a ca 198cm (78ichens) long wooden pole. You will have to assemble the parts yourself. All parts including rivets are included in the delivery. All needed pins to connect up the pieces including the metal strips that run down the shaft and the leather fringes are supplied.