Tizona El Cid Sword in wooden base - letter opener
- Total height: approx. 156 mm
- Height of the wooden base: approx. 33 mm
- Blade length: approx. 80 mm
- Dimensions of the shield: approx. 47 x 36 mm
- Length of the cross-guard: approx. 45 mm
- Blade thickness: approx. 2.04 mm
- Weight: approx. 73 g
Top branded quality, made by Art Gladius®. Made in Toledo (Spain), in the city with centuries-long traditional of blacksmithing, sword-making and other ancient crafts.
THE SWORD OF EL CID
During the alter half of the 11th century the kingdoms of Galicia, Leon and Castilla (now modern- day Spain) were plunged into Civil War.
From this strife emerged a great and honourable warrior RODRIGO DIAZ DE VIVAR Known throughout the world as El Cid.
As his reputation grew his story was retold many times by writers and poets of the day and his name carried the final battle to victory even after his own death.
Art Gladius, after several years of painstaking historical research, are proud to produce the great TIZONA The Sword of El Cid Campeador.
Included in these categories: Letter openers