Father Sword Conan the Barbarian forged with stainless steel blade and manufactured in the Marto factory in Toledo (Spain). Conan the Barbarian (also sometimes called Conan the Cimmerian and Conan of Cimmeria) is a fictional character created in 1932 by Texan writer Robert E. Howard for a series of stories for pulp magazine Weird Tales stories. More information...
Father Sword Conan The Barbarian, High Carbon
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
- Overall length approx. 954mm
- Blade length approx. 720mm
- Measurements of the cross guard approx. 152 x 122 x 62mm
- Blade width at the guard approx. 89mm
- Blade thickness approx. 6mm AISI 440 (4,8mm Highcarbon steel)
- Thickness of the blade edge approx. 1mm
- Weight of the sword approx. 2760 g AISI 440 (2200g Highcarbon steel)
- Weight of the scabbard approx. 306 g
- Handle from Zamac with Bronze finish
- Handle wrapped in genuine leather
- Official Licensed Reproduction
- Full-tang-blade from tempered steel, etched
- Steel of the blade: stainless AISI 440 or Highcarbon steel 1085 (HRC 52)
Specs may slightly vary from exemplar to exemplar.
Premium quality made in Spain by Marto.
This sword is made with blades made of different steels. The differences between them follow:
- stainless steel is softer * high carbon steel 1085 is oil-quenched to approx. 48-52 HRC after Rockwell
- stainless steel is just for decoration * carbon steel is functional (can be used for practical cutting softer materials)
- stainless steel goes not rusty in damp environment * carbon steel does