Runic Viking Seax
The guard and pommel are steel and the wooden grip is bound and overlaid with bands of supple brown leather. The scabbard is crafted from sturdy, thickly-stitched leather with integrated belt hanging loops.
- Overall length approx. 744 mm
- Blade length approx. 591 mm
- The cross-guard is approx. 75 mm long
- Blade width at the cross-guard approx. 36 mm
- Blade thickness at the cross-guard approx. 4,5 mm
- Blade width 235 mm off the blade point approx. 40,4 mm
- Blade thickness 235 mm off the blade point approx. 4,2 mm
- Measurements of the pommel are approx. 72,9 x 40 x 21,3 mm
- Measurements of the cross guard are approx. 75 x 21,5 x 16,5 mm
- POB approx. 80 mm
- Blade made of High Carbon Steel 1065
- Steel hardness 48-52 HRC
- The blade is not sharpened but is blunt neither, the striking edge thickness is about 0,8 mm
- Weight of the sword without scabbard approx. 912 g
- Weight of the scabbard approx. 260 g
Even if this is a fully functional sword, it cannot be used in combat shows, historical reenactment or similar for safety reasons!
Specs can vary slightly from seax to seax.
Premium Quality, made by Windlass Steelcrafts®
Included in these categories: Seaxes, Saxes