Who Were the Fearless Varangians?
Did you know that some Viking groups formed alliances and friendships with Slavic nations? Viking expeditions were not only headed to the West. They travelled down the many waterways of the eastern Baltic Sea, into modern Eastern Europe and Russia.…
The Life of the Vikings: From Settlements to Sea Journeys
The harsh Nordic lands were too overpopulated, pushing the Vikings out into the open sea in search for new lands, where they founded new settlements - the British Isles, north-western France and many other places. The descendants of the Vikings…
Viking Weapons and Armour
The first states began to emerge on European territory in uneasy and difficult times. The Iberian Peninsula was dominated by Muslims, and various nomadic tribes poured in from the eastern steppes. As if it weren't enough, the Vikings began invading…
A Long Knife That Could Surprise the Opponents: The Magical Seax
For the Vikings, seax was a reliable weapon of last resort in combat. Seax, also called sramasax, was an inconspicuous long knife at first glance, but it could catch enemies off guard. Long knives were very popular among the Northerners, maybe…
Sword, the Most Valuable Viking Weapon
People commonly associate the Vikings with violent savages raiding more civilized nations around them. Only a few people know that the Vikings were also established traders and craftsmen. The skills of some Viking blacksmiths were so extraordinary…
Vikings: How Historically Accurate is the Series?
Confident and violent warriors with axes and shields who raided wide areas of Europe. They fought like one nation. So are the Vikings portrayed in the popular series from Canadian-Irish co-production. “Vikings“ (2013) has fans all around the globe.…
The Vikings were Germanic tribes based in northern Europe, the ancestors of present day Norwegians, Swedes and Danes. In early medieval times they became known as severe and feared warriors who savagely fought in many victorious campaigns spreading…
We are here for you and answer all your questions
Your questions help us to improve. What is an obvious triviality for one person may be an interesting novelty for another. Don't be afraid to ask. We are here for you! What we don't know ourselves, we ask experts we work with. We then publish the frequently asked questions here. Your curiosity is welcome!
Feel free to contact us
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you make custom-sized chain mail armor?
- My glove size is 9. What size of gauntlets should I order if I want to wear padded leather gloves inside?
- I have a store with a product portfolio in which many of your products would fit. Do you sell to resellers?
- How much does the shipping cost?
- Since I live in the U.S. am I still required to pay the 21% VAT?
- I have ordered a sword in your store and would like to order a scabbard now, how?
- Are the delivery dates on the e-shop website guaranteed?
- How do I know whether you have the item in stock?
- The contents of my cart are more expensive than your shipping-free-limit, why isn't the shipping for free?
- Hello from the USA! I checked the GLS website and it says that they tried to ship it and it failed. How do I contact them to pick up the package?
- Could you build in the gauntlets leather gloves for a better shock absorption?
- How many square inches covers the 50ml Cold Blackening Fluid?
- I need to receive the order as soon as possible, which carrier should I choose?
- I own an original armor and sword from the 16th century, would you be interested to buy it?
- I live in the USA, would I be charged VAT?
- Hello! Could you make for me an armor and a robe from the movie XY?
- From which material is the combat version of the shield with coat of arms made?
- To which address should I send the return?
- Hi, I want to buy this, is it possible to get it to Prague, and pick it up?
- If I purchase a mix of made to order items and in stock items, will I be charged a separate shipping charge for the different packages?
- We are subject to VAT in the EU, can we buy VAT-free?
- I have received goods that I did not order, what should I do now?
- If I buy something while having a valid VAT number, can you send me an intracommunautaire invoice without VAT?
- In the last step of the shopping cart I have to agree to a delivery date one month longer than the one shown on the product page, why?
- Can you sharpen a bladed weapon, so that it is razor-sharp?
- Are the shoes rather large or small?
- I want to change my already paid order, can you advise me how?
- Hi, how long is the warranty on your swords?
- Unfortunately, I cannot accept the parcel now, can you dispatch later?
- I wore the costume and want to clean it now, but I do not know how.
- Some goods from your offer cannot be ordered (added to the shopping cart), what should I do if I am interested in them?
- Why is the price different for in-stock and out-of-stock items, even though they are the same product?
- How long does the warranty last and what does it cover?
- How do I change a wrong size?
- I would be interested in a product that says "Sold out and no longer available". Is there still a way to get this product?
- I have not received an invoice yet, when will I get it?
- Can you please tell me the price of a product in Euros / US Dollars?
- You have confirmed the refund, but I don't see any incoming payment in my account, can you check?
- Hello from Greece! Will I have to pay any custom or duties when receiving your goods?
- I have received defective goods, how should I proceed with a complaint?
- I would like a crossbow with a draw weight of 500-1500 pounds, can you make it?
- I want to place an order; though some items are in stock and others not. Do I have to wait until all of them are in stock or do you send it to me in parts?
- I've inherited a nice weapon from my grandparents. It could be an original. Can you assess its value?
- I have already paid the order by bank transfer, yet I have not received a receipt yet, can you check?
- What is the maximum blade length of a sword that you can draw?
- How and what materials are your daggers made from?
- Found a mistake?
- Are the shoes you offer suitable for everyday use?
- Are Windlass Steelcrafts swords suitable for combats, i.e. are battle-ready?
- Why it isn´t allowed to fight with a decorative sword?
- What is the difference between industrially rolled and hand-forged blades?
- At some swords you can choose between leather and wire wrapping on the handle. What is the difference? Is the wire made of stainless steel and how can it be cleaned if necessary?
- From which kind of wood do you make the handles of your axes?