Blücher saber, Prussian cavalry saber M 1811
The Blücher saber is based on an English saber for light dragoon from the year 1796. It already had the new Stirrup handle, which is also typical for the lighter Prussian development. The saber M 1811 was colloquially called Blücher saber after the Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher. It was named after him in 1813 by his comrades after the Battle of Leipzig. He was probably the most popular commander of the German Wars of Liberation against Napoleon. In Berlin monument was set in 1826. The Blücher statue there includes the handle of a sabre M 1811 lowered to the ground. This saber was the typical weapon of the Prussian light cavalry of 1813-14. Prussian hussars, dragoons, lancers and the gunners of the horse artillery were all equipped with this Blücher saber.
Product No: 9397