Viking King Sword
The Vikings exploded out of the north to raid and settle most of the known world. They also warred among themselves and it was not unusual for kings to lead and engage in combat themselves. This sword and its intricate scabbard are fit for one of those brave Nordic kings. Each steel part is handmade and incredibly detailed, especially on the leather embossed scabbard, then richly plated in real silver. More information...
Notify me when the item is in stock.
We will inform you as soon as we stock up.
Viking King Sword
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
The light, wide fullered Viking style blade is 1095 high carbon, well tempered steel. The scabbard is wood covered in rich harness grade leather with embossing and covered in faux reindeer fur. The beautiful metal parts are applied to the scabbard and the included baldric. Altogether making this entire piece fit for a king.
- Total length approx. 963mm
- Blade length approx. 786mm
- Dimensions of the parry approx. 109.3 x 35.7 x 22.2mm
- Dimensions of the two-piece pommel approx. 62.3 x 82.2 x 36.4mm (the rear part is approx. 29.5mm thick)
- Handle length approx. 94.9mm
- The wooden handle is wrapped in leather straps
- The guard and pommel are made of light metal and coated with old silver
- Cross-section of the blade at the guard approx. 5,38 x 4,13mm
- Cross-section of the blade 10cm off the blade point approx. 40.8 x 3.7mm
- Thickness of the striking edge (cutting edge) approx. 1.0mm
- POB approx. 21cm off the guard
- The fuller is approx. 740mm long and approx. 24mm wide
- Weight of the sword approx. 1110 g
- Weight of the sheath with shoulder strap approx. 948 g
- The scabbard has a wood core and is covered with leather and fake fur. The decorative mouth and chape are cast and nailed to the wooden core and silver-plated on the surface. The shoulder strap is firmly attached to the scabbard and equipped with a silver-plated metal buckle and strap end.
- Blade made of 1095 high carbon steel, quenched to approx. 50-55 HRC
Premium quality, made by Windlass Steelcrafts®