Longsword Fernando II, Sword of Catholic Kings
The Claymore-like sword of the Catholic Kings is a replica of the sword used by Fernando II in the struggles for his wife Isabel II. The Catholic Kings Longsword is one of the most spectacular swords in Spanish History. Columbus was knighted with this mythical sword the Catholic Kings, Fernando and Isabel on his return from the first trip to America. In the Throne Hall of Royal Palace in Barcelona, Columbus was named “Admiral of the Ocean” and “Viceroy of the Indies”. This ceremonial sword was used as a symbol of the royal power in all religious and political ceremonies, as conquest of Granada and the beginning of Spain as a Nation. More information...
Notify me when the item is in stock.
We will inform you as soon as we stock up.
Longsword Fernando II, also called Sword of Catholic Kings
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
- Overall length of the sword approx. 1210mm
- Blade length approx. 930mm
- The blade edge is approx. 1mm thick
- The cross-guard is approx. 275mm long
- The blade at the guard is approx. 45,3mm wide and 5,0mm thick
- 10cm from the point is the blade approx. 45,3mm wide and 5mm thick
- Point of Balance approx. 16,5cm
- Weight of the sword approx. 2516 g
- The ricasso is approx. 280mm long
High Quality Sword of the exclusive Collection "Historical, Fantastic and Legend Swords" made by MARTO.
Made in Toledo (Spain).