Product No: 10047
Gladius Didius with blade Meissen
- This sword with blunt blade is battle-ready, i.e. for practical use at reenactment.
- Overall length approx. 750mm
- Blade length approx. 527mm
- Brass reinforcement of the guard approx. 78.5 * 45mm
- Wooden pommel has approx. diameter 74.5mm and a length approx. 48.5mm
- Handle length (distance between pommel and guard) approx. 99mm
- Handle with anatomic finger indentations, diameter min/max 24/30mm
- Blade section at the guard approx. 60 * 5mm
- Blade section approx. 17cm from the tip approx. 5 * 58mm
- The sticking edge (blunt battle-ready version) is approx. 3mm thick
- POB approx. 9.5cm (blunt battle-ready version)
- The handle is made entirely of hard wood (oak or ash)
- Polished blunt blade with a rounded tip (blunt battle-ready version)
- The metal sheath is made of iron and brass is inside coated with leather
- The gladius sword alone (without scabbard) weighs approx. 1026 g
- The sheath alone (without gladius sword) weighs approx. 1206 g
- Blade from spring steel DIN 54SiCr6, oil quenched at approx. 53 HRC
Each sword is individually manufactured. That is why the above specifications can vary slightly from weapon to weapon.
Made in the Czech Republic.
Please read our Directions for the use of bladed weapons.