Golden Autumn Katana, over 8.000 layers!
This Premium Katana John Lee series impresses with its simple elegance. The trim rate (Tsuba, Menuki, Fuchi and Kashira) are handmade and set in a simple fall scene, the beauty of the moment represent this noble, unique trim rates are very much in the style of the Edo period (1603 -1868), the heyday of elaborate swords.
|Price incl. 21% VAT:
Golden Autumn Katana by John Lee
- Sword in Shinogi zukuri style without fillet (Bo-Hi).
- Sound design in kobuse style * with 12x folded coat steel (over 8.000 layers).
- Handle wrapped in black silk in classic Hineri maki-style, accompanied by traditional triangles of paper (Hishigami).
- Black, high-gloss lacquered scabbard with integrated ray skin (Same Kuroro-style), as well as financial statements (Kojiri, kurigata, Koiguchi) from buffalo horn.
- Blade collar (habaki) and washers (Seppa) are hand-made of brass.
- Long tang, which is connected two bamboo pins (Mekugi) is fixed in the handle. The sword can be thus fully dismantled.
- All trim rate (Tsuba, Fuchi, Menuki, Kashira) are handmade from metal and give each sword with a personal touch.
- Supplied in an attractive wooden collector's box, including sword sheath of silk.
The blade was forged by hand in elaborate kobuse style. A 12x folded, hard (60 Rockwell) steel casing from 1095 carbon steel surrounding a core of softer (40 Rockwell), low-carbon steel. The masterly work of the polisher bring damascene (Hada) and temper line (Hamon) clearly to the fore, enhanced by a mirror finish on the back of the blade.
- Handle length 29 cm
- Blade length 52 cm
- Overall length (without sheath) 102.5 cm
- Weight (without scabbard) 1250 g
Each Golden Autumn Katana John Lee samurai sword comes with a original seal and a certificate of origin.
Number of product reviews: 0 Rewieved so far: 0 customers.