A katana with excellent value for money that can be used for cutting exercise. You will get the sword in a premium collector´s case. This katana was made after an original museum exhibit.
|Price incl. 21% VAT:
Practical Katana by John Lee
Description of the John Lee Practical Katana:
- Blade without fuller (Bo - Hi), hand-forged of carbon steel 1095 that is not stainless
- Very sharp blade edge !
- The blade was hardened in a traditional way, by use of clay. It has a real hamon line.
- Blade hardness: edge 60 HRC, back 40 HRC
- Habaki is of brass, the tsuba is cast
- Traditional grip with genuine ray skin and cotton strip wrapping.
- The blade is fixated in the grip with two wooden pegs (Mekugi)
Specifications of the John Lee Practical Katana:
- Blade length up to tsuba: 74 cm / 29”
- Overall length of the sword: 105,5 cm / 41”
- Overall length of the sword incl. scabbard: 106,5 cm / 42”
- Grip length: 30 cm / 12”
- Curvature (Sori): 2 cm / 1”
- POB approx. 14 cm off tsuba (5 ½”)
- Width of the blade at Habaki: 3,2 cm
- Width of the blade at Kisaki: 2,3 cm
- Weight with scabbard: 1420g
- Weight without scabbard: 1220 g
- 7,7 mm ... motokasane (元重 ね) - blade thickness (kasane) at the bottom of the blade (machi)
- 32 mm ... motohaba (元幅 ?, bottom width) - blade width (mihaba) at the bottom of the blade (machi)
- 5,7 mm ... sakikasane (先重 ね) - blade thickness (kasane) at the yokote
- 24 mm ... sakihaba (先幅?, top width) - blade width (mihaba) at the yokote
Number of product reviews: 4 Rewieved so far: 2 customers.
Write a review