This saber has a blade made of 1065 high carbon steel. Features wire wrapped leather handle, and brass three-branch guard and pommel. It features a hand forged, British military spec, carbon steel blade. Blade is beautifully etched with ''U.S.,'' and ''E Pluribus Unum,'' along with foliage and military trophies. Steel scabbard has brass throat, rings and drag. More information...
Notify me when the item is in stock.
We will inform you as soon as we stock up.
Union Cavalry Officer´s Saber, Model 1860
This fine reproduction saber is a faithful copy of ones used. The hand forged blade is British military spec steel that will flex over 20° and return to true. The brass, 3-branch guard is nicely hand chased and engraved, as is the brass pommel.
- Material: 1065 High Carbon
- On the blade there is a decorative etching with the inscription E PLURIBUS UNUM (Latin for "Out of many, one" or "One out of many" a 13-letter traditional motto of the United States, appearing on the Great Seal).
- Overall length approx. 102mm
- Blade length approx. 862mm
- Handle length approx. 104mm
- The handle is covered with black leather and is tightened with a twisted pair of brass wire
- Dimensions of the basket approx. 124 x 122 x 92mm
- At the end of the pommel is visible the peened blade tang
- Cross section of the blade at the basket approx. 29 x 6mm
- Cross section of the blade 10cm off the blade point about 19.6 x 3.8mm
- The larger fuller is about 580mm long and about 18mm wide
- The smaller fuller is about 375mm long and about 2mm wide
- Brass thickness approx. 4mm
- Thickness of the cutting edge approx. 1mm
- The POB is about 170mm off the parry
- The weight of the saber is about 996 g
- The weight of the metal sheath is about 710 g
Made by Windlass Steelcrafts®