This attractive sword can be seen in the book “Swords and Blades of the American Revolution” by O.C. Newmann. A piece of early American history to start or add to your collection. The American Colonists were, like most of Europe, amorous of the dashing French Hussar. The Hussards de la Mort or Death Hussars were a French light cavalry company formed during the French Revolution. More information...
American Revolution Saber
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
- Overall length 100cm
- Blade length 86cm
- Handle length 10cm
- Blade width at the guard approx. 33.38mm
- Blade width 10cm off the blade point 24.95mm
- The POB is about 21cm off the guard
- Thickness of the striking edge approx. 1mm
- Weight of the sword ca. 904 g
- Weight of the scabbard approx. 299 g
The handmade hilt of this American saber reflects their admiration of the 1700’s French style. This well-balanced, fast sword was designed for the mounted fighter. Solid steel hilt with spiral pattern carved hardwood grip is married to an effective 1085 high carbon, well tempered blade.
- Great for Re-enacting and Collecting. A functional sword – battle ready
- Comes with black leather scabbard with steel mounts.
Premium quality made by Windlass Steelcrafts®