With the discovery of metal, spears became much more effective. In just about all cultures metal butt caps were used to protect the base of the shaft and to add balance to the overall weapon. This round-ended butt cap can be used for any spear since the beginning of the Iron Age. Well made from mild steel, this butt cap has a generic look that does not represent any one specific time or place, so it can be used for any period.More information
Round Ended Butt Cap
- Total length approx. 146 mm
- Max. diameter of the spherical end approx. 24.2 mm
- Min. diameter of the narrow conical part approx. 10 mm
- Outer diameter of the socket approx. 30.9 mm; inside approx. 28.1 mm
- Depth of the socket (for installation of the shaft) approx. 84 mm
- Weight approx. 234 g
Specs may slightly vary from exemplar to exemplar.
Premium Quality, made by Marto / Windlass Steelcrafts®.
Included in these categories: Lance tips and spearheads