Templar Small Sword oxidised-silver finish
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
- Details of the handle with engravings and contrasts.
- Grip silver finished.
- Tempered Stainless-steel Blade.
- Overall length 78.5 cm
- Blade length 60.5 cm
- Handle length 9.5 cm
- Length of the crossguard 16 cm
- Blade width at guard 35 mm
- Blade width 10 cm off the blade point 25 mm
- The point of balance is about 9 cm off the guard
- Thickness of the striking edge 0.52 mm
- Weight of the sword ca. 1208 g
High-quality Small Sword of the Exclusive Collection "Historic Small Swords" made by MARTO®
Certificate of Origin and Quality. Made in Toledo, Spain.
The Templar Order was established in 1.118 to ensure the custody of the Holy places and to protect the pilgrimage ways.
The order reached the maximum splendour on the XIII century.
The Templar Knights considered themselves as knight of God, honour of church and the Christianity.
Their motto was NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED TUO NOMINI DA GLORIAM “Give Glory, not for us, God, not for us, but for your name”.
It was a very well organized military force and they were the clash forces in all the Crusades.
They were in the vanguard during the attack and in the rearguard during the retreat.
During the century they ensured the effective government of the Latin kingdom of Constantinople. They did not pay taxes or tributes, they did only obey to the Pope and they had properties in all Europe and the Middle East.
Included in these categories: Templar swords