The Jambiya dagger is found in every country that has been inhabited by the Arabs, from Turkey to the Balkans, even in Spain. It is unsure how old this exotic knife type is. This version is of the form found in Persia and India and is worn at the stomach under a sash or belt. The Arab Jambiya dagger features a beautiful solid hardwood grip with decorative rondels and an unsharpened high carbon steel blade. Includes a hardwood scabbard covered in black leather with nickel tip. More information...
Notify me when the item is in stock.
We will inform you as soon as we stock up.
Arab Jambiya or Khanjar Dagger circa 1400's
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
- Fully tempered high carbon steel blade
- Design is originated by the Arabs
- Includes a sheath
- Overall length approx. 371mm
- Blade length approx. 222mm
- Blade width at the cross-guard approx. 49,8mm
- Blade thickness at the cross-guard approx. 4,3mm
- Blade width 5cm off the blade point approx. 30,5mm
- Blade thickness 5cm off the blade point approx. 4,5mm
- Blade made of High Carbon Steel 1055
- Steel hardness 48-52 HRC
- Blade not sharpened but not blunt, thickness about 0,8mm
- Weight without scabbard approx. 310 g
- Weight including scabbard approx. 406 g
- Even if this is a fully functional sword, it cannot be used in combat shows, historical reenactment or similar for safety reasons!
Specs may slightly vary from exemplar to exemplar.
Premium Quality, made by Marto / Windlass Steelcrafts®.