Catholic Kings Large Sword Old Silver Finish, 120cm
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
The Catholic Kings Large sword is one of the most spectacular swords in Spanish History. With this mythical sword the Catholic Kings, Fernando and Isabel, knighted Columbus, on his return from the first trip to America.
In the Throne Hall of Royal Palace in Barcelona, Columbus was named “Admiral of the Ocean” and “Viceroy of the Indies”.
This ceremonial sword was used as a symbol of the royal power in all religious and political ceremonies, as conquest of Granada and the beginning of Spain as a Nation.
- Old silver finish
- Overall length 121 cm
- Blade length 93 cm
- Handle length 19 cm
- Length of the crossguard 27 cm
- Length of the fuller 35 cm
- Blade width at the guard approx. 49.26 mm
- Blade width 10 cm off the blade point 31.31 mm
- The point of balance of the sword is 16 cm off the guard
- Thickness of the striking edge approx. 1 mm
- Weight approx. 2369 g
High-quality Sword of the exclusive Collection "Historical, Fantastic and Legend Swords" made by MARTO®
Including Certificate of Quality and Origin, Made in Toledo (Spain)
Included in these categories: Other Decorative Swords