This Viking Belt has a buckle and chape of brass that is richly adorned with the knotwork design of the Nordic peoples of the Viking age. These are fitted to a belt of black or green leather. A Viking historical reproduction belt great for reenactment, LARP and SCA clothing and costume.More information
Viking belt with Knotwork Buckle and Strap end
- The total length is approx. 172cm
- The holes are punched into the belt so that you can easily use it if your waist girth is between 97 and 114cm.
- Belt width approx. 20.8mm
- Belt thickness approx. 3.1mm
- Dimensions of the buckle approx. 41 x 32mm
- Inner width of the buckle frame approx. 23.5mm
- Length of the prong approx. 28.8mm
- The brass strap end has dimensions of approximately 43.8 x 20.1 x 2.5mm
- Weight approx. 134 g
The strap end is based on an archaeological find from Birka (find number 956 shown in photos below) and the belt buckle is also from a Birka find based on artefact (229). The knotwork buckle is stitched onto the belt for extra durability and the strap end is securely riveted with two rivets and supporting washers.
Made from 3.5mm thick quality green veg tan leather with a strap width of 20mm. Vegetable tan leather has a higher durability, strength and better colour and tone than chrome tanned leather.
The total approximate length of the belt is 170cm (including the buckle)
A high-quality product made by Lord Of Battles®
Included in these categories: Viking Belts