The functional replica of an ancient Frankish Warriors would form a rough line an arm’s throw from their foe and hurl light spears and these axes before charging in with sword and shield for individual combat. This distinct axe is perfect for throwing with its solid steel head and hardwood shaft. More information...
Frankish Axe Clovis
- Shaft length approx. 480mm
- Overall dimensions of the metal ax approx. 159 * 78 * 30.7mm
- The ax is secured in the shaft traditionally with a wooden wedge
- The cutting edge is approx. 1.2mm thick
- The profile of the shaft is approx. 21.6 * 29.0 at the ax head and over the handle approx. 32 * 24.4mm
- The balance (POB) lies approx. 2cm from the metal ax head
- Weight approx. 886 g
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.
Made by Windlass Steelcrafts®
Guarantee for breaking a throwing axe
A throwing ax is extremely stressed when throwing on the target. Critical is the sudden slowdown, whose character depends in particular on the exerted throwing power, material stiffness and structure of the target. Breaking of a throwing ax cannot be completely ruled out at such use. We experimented with different steels as well as with their heat treatment. We were able to break all throwing axes! The warranty for breakage refers exclusively to steel defects, such as hairline cracks. Throwing axes are always exposed to tear and wear. We will swap (or reimburse) your ax for free if it breaks due to a material defect. In such cases, a material defect is clearly visible on the steel fracture surface. In such cases do not hesitate and send the ax back to our address. A break of the wooden handle is also excluded from the warranty! A replacement wooden stock can be bought in hobby markets such as Hornbach, OBI, Baumax, UNIHobby, etc.