using Outfit4Events bows
While using the bow, abide by the following
principles. This is the only way the bow will work properly and you will extend
- Protect the bow before damage and
inclement weather by using a cover for transport and storage.
- Do not expose the bow to extreme
temperatures (fire, frost) and store it in a dry place WITHOUT the
bowstring fitted on (unstrung).
- Never draw the bow over the recommended
- Fit only the bowstring of the length specified
by the producer onto the bow (preferably by the same producer).
- Do not release the bowstring in vain (without
an arrow). Energy determined for the arrow passes to the bow limbs which
can be damaged this way.
- Before you shoot, verify the right
orientation of the bow after the drawn arrow on the lower limb (arrow must
point down). The lower limb is a little stronger than the upper one. That enables
good function of the bow (the arrow should be put on above the bowstring
centre. That is why the lower limb should be a little faster). In case the
arrow drawing rubs out after some time, you will recognize the lower limb by
shorter tiller at the grip edge.
- Do not expose the bowstring to extreme
temperatures and protect it from moisture.
- Using the arrows with low-quality nocks
you will speed up the bowstring wear; possibly you will cause its damage.
- You will extend the bowstring lifetime if
you treat it with beeswax.
- The bowstring must always be dry while
- Preferably store the bowstring hanging
loose. It is also possible to wind it up, but watch breaking of centre
serving and kinking on fibres.
- Every archer should have several spare
- Do not shoot at inconvenient targets (too
hard or too soft), we recommend to shoot at special targets determined for
- Do not expose them to moisture and
- Some piles (arrow points) can get rusty. Rust
can be rubbed down and the point can be treated with conservation
preparation (e.g. WD40)
- After shooting clean the arrows with damp
cloth and let them dry slowly (NOT above a stove or heating!)
- The arrow fetching serves for its
stabilization in flight, not for brushing meat during a barbecue!
- The fetching unstick is a commonplace (even
in case of Olympic archery). The fetching can be stuck on with quick-acting
- Fetchings are sensitive to mechanic
damage in case of improper handling and storing. We recommend using a
1. Never aim at anything you do not want to
2. Never aim at a man, not even for the fun
2. Do not use the bow for any other purpose
4. Always examine the bow carefully before
shooting. If you find damage, do not use it for shooting any more.
5. Always examine the bow range space, not
to jeopardise health of people and animals, or possibly a property.
6. Never interfere in the bow construction.
7. Always shoot only arrows of the recommended
8. Use a bracers and archery glove while
Procedure for fitting on the bowstring:
1. Put the bowstring loop on the lower limb
nock (watch out, reflexive bows have their limb ends turned forward!)
2. Turn the bow over in order to lean its
handle against the back part of your thigh and to get the lower limb end stuck
behind your ankle.
3. Grip the upper part of the bow and bend
it to reach BALANCED BENDING OF BOTH BOW LIMBS and put the other bowstring loop
on the upper limb bowstring catch.
4. After putting the bowstring on „step out“
of the bow, check both the bowstring catches if the bowstring is put on
properly. In case of need aline the bowstring to pass through the centre of the
Two-year guarantee does not cover the wear (the
bowstring wears off sooner), mishandling, exceeding the draw length (of the arrow)
and intervention into the bow construction.