Scottish Claymore Iasan, 16th cen., museum replica
The pommel and guard are made of steel. The guard has a honeycomb motive which is open (so you can look through it). The bars of the guard are diamond shaped. On both sides of the blade, the guard has a protrusion of 12 cm long and 1,45 cm wide. This served to protect the blade. The protrusions are both decorated by several notches. The grip is made of hard wood. The disc pommel is riveted. The blade has a very narrow fuller running to 2/3rd of the blade.
- 148 cm - total length
- 112 cm - blade length
- 50*5 cm - blade section at the guard
- 2.45 cm - width of the blade at the tip
- 5.2 cm - diameter of the pommel
- 28.2 cm - length of the guard
- Weight: 2940 g (at 2mm thick blade edge)
- POB: 13 cm
- Blade of spring steel W.Nr. 1.7102 (DIN 54SiCr6) quenched to a hardness of approx. 53 HRC
Made in the Czech Republic.
Please read also our: Directions for the use of bladed weapons.
Included in these categories: Claymore swords