German sword Bastard
This is not a battle ready sword. The cutting edges are approx. 1,0 - 1,5mm thick. The steel is not a steel spring. The sword is battle ready in the historical sense, however for a full contact combat is not suitable.
- Oakeshott Type: Xa
- with sheath
- Total length approx. 980 mm
- Blade length approx. 760 mm
- Length of the cross-guard approx. 290 mm
- CoB (Center of Balance) approx. 9.0 cm
- Width of the blade at the guard approx. 52.76 mm
- Thickness of the blade at the guard approx. 4.51 mm
- Blade width 10 cm off the blade point approx. 33.8 mm
- Thickness of the blade 10 cm off the blade point approx. 4.01 mm
- Thickness of the cutting edge approx. 1.0 mm
- The pommel has a diameter of approx. 51.14 mm and is approx. 60 mm long
- The full-tang-blade is peened at the pommel-end
- On both sides of the cross-guard are two approximately 98 mm wide loop-guards
- The total depth of the whole guard incl. loops is approx. 103.9 mm
- Leather-wrapped molded handle for 1½ - 2 hands
- Weight of the sword without sheath approx. 1760 g
Even if this is a fully functional sword, it cannot be used in combat shows, historical reenactment or similar for safety reasons!
Specs may slightly vary from exemplar to exemplar.
Premium Quality, made by Marto / Windlass Steelcrafts®.
Included in these categories: Sharp Medieval Combat Swords