Sword Howe B de Luxe
- Total length approx. 1275 mm
- Blade length approx. 950 mm
- Length of the leather grip approx. 228 mm
- Length of the guard approx. 291 mm
- The middle fuller is approx. 355 mm long and approx. 6 mm wide, otherwise a total of 3 fullers are milled into the blade
- The pommel in the form of an octagonal pear has a diameter of approx. 44.1 / 46.3 mm and is approx. 84.4 mm long
- The guard is approx. 24.4 mm thick in the middle
- The diameter of the acorn-shaped ends is approx. 15.4 mm
- Cross section of the blade at the guard approx. 49 x 5 mm
- Cross section of the blade 10 cm off the blade point approx. 20.8 x 3.2 mm
- The striking edge is at the guard approx. 3.5 mm thick and approx. 2.8 mm thick 10 cm off the blade point
- Thickness of the crossguard in the middle approx. 24.4 mm
- The point of balance (POB) is approx. 4 cm off the cross-guard
- Weight approx. 1604 g
- The type and color of the leather on the handle is not selectable and may differ from the photos.
Due to the individual manual production, the specifications vary slightly from sword to sword. Made in Czechia.
This is one of the best bladed weapons in the Sword class B
This weapon is made by of one of the best swordsmiths in Czechia - Mr. Pavel Moc. His bladed weapons are generally an "artistic license" of historical originals. They are the result of decades-long-experience and discussions with historians, swordsmen and colleagues in the industry. If the replica does not directly correspond to the preserved original, it is based on contemporary iconography, illuminations and its final form is a "well informed stylization".
The blade is made of spring steel for dynamic strain CSN 14260 (DIN 54SiCr6, GOST 60S2CHA) or CSN 15260 (50CrV4 DIN 1.8159). The steel is heated to 820-860° C and then immersed into oil. The steel is then tempered at 540-680° C according to the prescribed technical standards in computer-controlled-ovens. The first kind of steel has a slightly higher elasticity, the second one can be slightly more hardened. Both types of steel are oil-quenched and tempered to a hardness of 48.5 +/- 2 HRc.
This weapon is designed for experienced fencers who prefer light swords with flexible blades and who use rather their head than force in sword combats. The anti-break-warranty for the blade refers only to material defects. The warranty does not cover natural wear of the blade and the grip. The guard is riveted (not soldered) to the blade. It may happen that the rivet connection gets loosened after some time and the sword begins to rattle during combat. This is a sign of wear that does not affect the function of the sword, does not diminish its quality or worsen the safety of the swordsman.
Included in these categories: Hand and a half swords for sale