Sword Charles V with optional sheath
Please note: This is just an ornamental item, not intended for real use!
- Blade made of 440 stainless steel quenched and tempered to 47-51 HRC
- Total length about 1024 mm
- Blade length approx. 813 mm
- Cross section of the blade at the guard approx. 37.9 x 3.5 mm
- Blunt cutting edge - approx. 1.35 mm thick
- Weight of the sword about 1087 g
- Weight of the vagina about 399 g
All dimensions are approximate and may vary slightly from piece to piece.
Top branded quality, made by Art Gladius®. Made in Toledo (Spain), in the city with centuries-long traditional of blacksmithing, sword-making and other ancient crafts.
CHARLES V BROADSWORD
Two-hands sword used by Charles V (Carolus Divus). Under his kingdom he agglutinated a vast empire that comprised, Spain, Naples, Sicily, Flanders, Austria and America. Yes, incl. America. The Territories belonging to the Charles The V empire included some South America countries, Central America and some southern areas of North America.
Charles V and his son, Philip II full suit of armours and swords are true masterpieces manufactured by the swords craftsmen of that time when Toledo were the white arms cradle.
Included in these categories: Swords of Kings and Rulers